[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”129″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center” style=”vc_box_shadow_3d”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]

  • There are 514 million acres of timberland in the United States. Federal, State and other public owners account for 31%. The remaining 69% is privately owned.
  • Hardwood forests cover 279 million acres.  This is equivalent to covering every square inch of New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia.
  • According to the US Forest Service, there were 119% more hardwood trees in 2007 than in 1953, with growth-to-removal ratio of 2.00 (two new trees for every one removed).
  • Hardwood forests reproduce naturally and prolifically.
  • Wood is a carbon neutral material.  Growing trees absorb carbon dioxide, release oxygen and store the carbon for the life of the tree and resulting products made from it.
  • Natural wood products are among the most energy-efficient to produce. Making products from steel, aluminum, glass, concrete and brick can require up to 126 times more energy to manufacture.
  • When manufacturing wood, there is not waste.  Resulting by- products of bark, sawdust and wood chips are all sold or used as an alternative fuel source.
  • Using hardwood products in our homes and businesses is healthy and cost-effective choice. Hardwood products don’t trap dust and allergens, and if cared for, can last a lifetime.
  • At the end of a hardwood product’s useful life, it can be re-used as a combustible fuel or returned to the earth without indefinitely taking up space in a landfill.

The above information was provided by the American Hardwood Information Center at www.hardwoodinfo.com.

Also visit www.hardwoodcouncil.com for additional information about hardwoods and their uses.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”209″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]